Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kaye's College-Day 2 & 3

What a whirlwind of activity here in somewhat sunny Florida!  We have had guest lecturers, new patterns, old favorite, new friends, good stories, some tears, more laughs and still more to come!  We have seen some beautiful new ideas for Kaye's Bread & Butter fabrics, and are so excited to come back and share some of our creations with you.  What Jill and I have found is that the entire line works so well together that you can mix about any two or three or four or twelve colors together, and the combination always looks great!


We were given step two of the mystery quilt, and I have been working on the next progression of blocks.  However, I don't know if I want to show the final product when I am finished, as I think we may need to do this mystery for ourselves at Pine Needles, and I would so hate to ruin the surprise for you. 



Here is some guesses that I have for the blocks, it's not looking very hopeful for me, I don't think any of these options would work.
30 & 60 Degree Rulers







I saw a great quilt made with the new 30 and 60 degree triangles, made by my friend Rosemary, and I think I may start a bit of a smaller version of this myself.  I don't know that I will do something quite as elaborate as what Rosemary did, but I will let you know the end result.

Trio Top, T-shirt & Pant Pattern







Our friend Linda Lee also came for a visit, and as usual, inspired me to try some different ideas with some of her patterns.  Here Linda is showing her Trio Top from her Trio Top, T-shirt and Pant pattern.








Bells & Whistles Top







My favorite was her mixing fabrics on the Bells & Whistles top.  I have made this pattern before, and now I will definitely be going home and making a new style, I am already thinking of some fabrics for this new creation.


Ikina Jacket







My other favorite style was the Ikina jacket.  This is one that I would never have picked up for the cover of the pattern, and when she showed this, she showed how she removed the vents from the sides, and gave a funky side slit.  This is also a definite one to make.








The other day, the weather started off really nice, and ended beautifully, but it rained all day in between.  I got some beautiful sunset pictures with the remnants of storm clouds.